The required filing information changes for each local government, but here are some common requirements.
Each local government requires different information and documentation from the taxpayer when submitting forms, some standard and some unique. Below you will find some helpful guidance regarding common information and requirements your local government may require, as well as how to successfully submit a filing on Localgov.
Please note that the required information to submit a form varies by community. To learn about the requirements of your local government's forms, please log into Localgov, go to the "Submit Forms" page, search for your government, and preview the various multi-page forms to learn what is required. You can also call Localgov Customer Service with any questions.
- DBA (Doing Business As)
- Legal Business Name
- Business Address
- Federal Employer ID (FEIN) / Social Security Number (SSN)
- Business License Number
- Tax Preparer Contact Information
- Account Number
- Documents: Do you file the same tax with the State? If so, your local government may request those forms to be uploaded when submitting your filing on Localgov. Be prepared with all relevant documentation.
- Permitting Information: Some local governments require you to be licensed on the Local and State level to do business in their community. When filing on Localgov, come prepared with any permitting/licensing number and documentation for your business
Follow these steps to successfully file on Localgov:
- Add your business on Localgov. Need help adding a business? Read this step-by-step article to learn how to add your business.
- Confirm that your business information is accurate and up-to-date. If there are any typos or updates needed, please contact Localgov Customer Service for help.
Successfully submit your form and payment on Localgov. Need help? Read our help article to learn how to successfully pre-fill your, complete, and submit the form on Localgov.
If you need further assistance or have any questions, please contact Localgov Customer Service at (877) 654-0021 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.