Localgov does not save payment data and we are fully PCI Compliant.
We understand that security and privacy is a major concern for businesses. That's why Localgov has taken full precautions to ensure complete compliance and security of our user's data online.
Here is how Localgov ensures the security of your data:
- No Storing of Payment Data: Localgov does not store any form of payment information. When you save your payment method in Localgov, our system only stores a token that is sent to our payment processor once a payment is submitted. This token represents the full payment information into a secure API Gateway Database to execute the transaction.
- PCI Compliant: Our payment processor is committed to PCI DSS (The Payment Card Industry Data Security Standard), which is standard compliance in the online transaction industry to securely store and transmit payment data. PCI standards for compliance are developed and managed by the PCI Security Standards Council. You can read more about the requirements of PCI compliance here.
The 12 requirements of PCI DSS are:
- Install and maintain a firewall configuration to protect cardholder data.
- Do not use vendor-supplied defaults for system passwords and other security parameters.
- Protect stored cardholder data.
- Encrypt transmission of cardholder data across open, public networks.
- Use and regularly update anti-virus software or programs.
- Develop and maintain secure systems and applications.
- Restrict access to cardholder data by business need to know.
- Assign a unique ID to each person with computer access.
- Restrict physical access to cardholder data.
- Track and monitor all access to network resources and cardholder data.
- Regularly test security systems and processes.
- Maintain a policy that addresses information security for all personnel.
- Do not save or store the payment data of our users.
- Adhere to the PCI DSS standard.
If you need further assistance or have any questions, please contact Localgov Customer Service at (877) 654-0021 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.